Contract: Fixed term appointment for 1 year (with option to renew for 2 years)
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Closing date: October 12, 2022
The International Center for Future Generations (ICFG) is a European think-and-do-tank for improving societal resilience in relation to exponential technologies and existential risks. ICFG focuses on cause areas such as: Climate Crisis Solutions, Biorisk Mitigation, and Technology Risk Mitigation.
We seek to employ 1-2 full-time research assistants to support its research agenda on long-term governance in the European Union, initially for a one-year period.
As a research assistant, you will provide assistance on a number of activities, such as:
• Mapping of long-term and existential risk academic communities in Europe.
• Developing recommendations for improved long-term governance.
• Organizing a conference on long-term governance in 2023 Brussel.
Additionally, you will support a PhD-researcher in qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
Essential criteria include:
• Experience in execution of independent research projects, at least at the level of a masters’ thesis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to perform literature reviews and search for data sources.
• Ability to interpret and analyze patterns or trends in data.
• Ability to perform work requiring great accuracy and attention to detail.
Criteria that are considered a plus:
• Experience of communicating research findings to decision makers outside academia.
• Knowledge and interest in existential risk and longtermism.
• One of the research assistants will focus primarily on quantitative data analysis. Candidates for this role should have an undergraduate and Masters degree in a discipline that requires quantitative analysis and data management, such as economics or econometrics, and have experience using Stata, R or similar programs for analyzing large scale data sets.
• If working remotely, living within sufficient proximity to Brussels to occasionally meet there is considered a plus.
• Full-time position (40 hours per week)
• Regular overtime expected
• National and international travel required
To apply for this exceptional opportunity, please submit your CV and covering letter, detailing how you fulfill the role description and personal specification to: Bas Heerma van voss at firstname.lastname@example.org. Queries can also be directed to Bas.
The deadline for applications is October 12, 2022 at 12.00 pm CEST.
Protecting your personal data is of the utmost importance to ICFG and we take this responsibility very seriously. Any information obtained by our divisions is held and processed in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. The data you provide us with is securely stored on our computerized database and transferred internally for the purposes of presenting you as a candidate and/or considering your suitability for a role you have registered interest in.