Post-doc (0.8-1.0 fte) Maastricht, Working on Europe:| Knowledge, Technology and Digitalisation (Theme 4) (deadline 14 January 2019)
The successful candidate is a talented early career researcher with proven interest in European affairs. He/she will be a member of the core research team Maastricht, Working on Europe, of Maastricht University and will hold office at Studio Europa. The core team will work closely with senior researchers in the different faculties of Maastricht University. The postdoc is expected to spend 60% of time to academic research and 40% to outreach activities along the following lines:
- carry out and publish high-quality research in the area of Knowledge, Technology and Digitalisation, applied to European issues, within the multidisciplinary setting of the UM research theme Maastricht, Working on Europe which is a UM wide priority;
- write a relevant individual grant proposal (within NWO, ERC, etc);
- intensively engage in outreach activities and broad dissemination of their own research;
- contribute to the promotion of Maastricht, Working on Europe activities, led by Studio Europa.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- hold a recent (< 5 years) doctorate in humanities, social sciences, life sciences or another relevant field. Candidates who have recently submitted their thesis can apply as well;
- have interest in and (proven) experience with a multidisciplinary approach to the areas of Knowledge, Technology and Digitalisation;
- have an excellent track record in research, preferably with a focus on European affairs, demonstrated among others by publications in international peer-reviewed journals or books edited by internationally recognized publishers;
- have knowledge of and experience with different types of social-scientific research methods;
- have excellent communication and coordination skills;
- have (proven) creativity in realizing societal impact and/or familiarity with citizen science;
- have the potential to generate research funds from national and international funding agencies;
- have excellent command of spoken and written English.
Conditions of employment
Conditions of Employment
Maastricht University offers a challenging job in an attractive international work environment for two years (January 2019 – December 2020). The salary depends on qualifications and experience of the candidate and ranges from €3637 (scale 11) to €5656 (scale 12) gross per month (based on the salary scales VSNU coming into force per 1 February 2019). In addition, there is an 8% holiday allowance and an 8,3% end-of-year allowance. A favorable tax regime may apply for foreign applicants. In addition, Maastricht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including (partly paid) parental leave. The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provision also apply. For more information check the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > support > UM employees.
The application procedure opens Friday November 30 and will close January 15, 12:00 PM CET. Details on the interviews dates will be communicated as soon as poccible after that.
The application should include:
- motivation letter;
- complete and up-to-date curriculum vitae;
- evidence of research output (job market paper, selected publications or working papers);
- names and contact details of two referees;
- two page proposal of the intended research and a clear description on how it relates to the selected theme (please clearly mention the vacancy number and selected theme).
Canvassing on the basis of this advertisement will not be appreciated.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
For further information, see this page.